Our CSR priorities focus on supporting sustainability, our people and communities. We continue to update and amend our CSR strategy with feedback from our customers, employees and other stakeholders.
This report provides an update on our performance during the year. Further information, including relevant policies, can be found on this website. You can find our annual reports here
Our previous CSR reports can be downloaded here
This website contains additional information on our CSR policy and its supporting statements, together with additional case studies.
We are the first dedicated housebuilder to be
awarded the Ministry of Defence's Employer
Recognition Scheme Gold Award.
The HBF has independently measured the
satisfaction of our customers and we’re
proud to be one of the top performing,
We’re the first housebuilder to commit to
building hedgehog highways on all
our Bovis Homes branded developments.
Mental Health First Aiders
We're training employees across the business
in mental health first aid to raise awareness
of mental health in the work, reduce the
stigma and provide practical support to
Non-fincancial information statement
In accordance with The Companies (Miscellaneous Reporting) Regulations 2018 a summary of the
Vistry Group non-financial policies are detailed below. Copies of these can be found here.
||Group principle risk
People change and business continuity
Health, safety and environmental
Health, Safety and Welfare Policy
Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Ethical Code of Conduct Policy
“Speak Up” Policy
We do not operate a Group policy because social issues are assessed, managed and mitigated at a local level. Regardless, any concerns can still be raised via our “Speak Up” Policy.
- Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Speak Up” Policy
|Anti-corruption and bribery
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
- Anti-Money Laundering Policy
- Anti-Fraud Policy
- "Speak Up” Policy
- Health, safety and environmental
- Environment Policy
- “Speak Up” Policy
Our performance against our priorities is set out below
Our CSR policy is outlined below. It is supported by other policy statements covering matters such as health and safety, equal opportunities and ethics, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- The Group believes that sustainable development links to long term value creation and aims to ensure that the sustainability principles it adopts are embedded in its business objectives and activities. These principles cover all aspects of the Group's operations from land identification through to after-sales services and the running of our offices.
- The Group will approach sustainable development as a socially responsible aim which can reduce emissions and assist in addressing climate change. The Group will maintain awareness of the impact that its activities have on the environment and will minimise negative impacts insofar as it is safe, practical and economically sound to do so. It will seek to enhance the environment where it builds, use land efficiently, protect biodiversity and where possible use materials, material suppliers, labour and resources local to its operations.
- The Group will design for social inclusion, efficient use of natural resources, use of appropriate materials and minimum waste. The lifecycle usage and emissions of the homes will also be considered in design, respecting the needs of future generations, and consultation with local communities will take place where possible on development plans.
- The Group will develop its methodology and encourage staff to develop their awareness, skills and understanding of sustainability issues and practices through training and development activities. All staff are encouraged to recognise and adopt corporate social responsibility as a shared aim to which they contribute and are accountable for.
- The Group aims to provide a quality product and a reliable service and will undertake a programme of continuous improvement, staff training and research and development.
- The Group's activities and relationships will be undertaken with integrity, in an ethical and honest manner. The Group believes that being accountable for its actions and adopting an approach of self regulation through all staff leads to significant benefits, including maintenance of its licence to operate, an enhanced reputation with external stakeholders and local communities, and improved employee motivation.
- The Group seeks to develop and maintain long term relationships with stakeholders founded on trust, high performance and service standards that deliver in accordance with agreed commitments for mutual advantage.
- The Group's objective is to ensure that no-one suffers harm as a consequence of carrying out its business activities and particularly recognises its duty as an employer to ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of all its employees. The Group operates a rigorous health and safety policy and strict procedures and practices are maintained and monitored which support and underpin this policy.
- The Group will comply with all relevant legislation as a minimum and seek opportunities to make a positive contribution to sustainability through its process of continuous improvement.
- The Group will set objectives and targets to achieve the strategy set out in this CSR policy.
- The Group will monitor and report year on year against objectives and targets set and identify and report on key performance indicators in support of those objectives.
Through this policy we aim to ensure that our activities do not compromise the ability of the future generations to meet their own needs.
Supporting our CSR Policy are further policy documents, covering health and safety, the environment, ethics and conduct, equal opportunities and whistleblowing, all of which are reviewed annually and are available here to download.